Have you prepared for a meal? Try these flavorful Crockpot chicken tacos for your family. Just simply toss all ingredients into a slow cooker, and then you’ll get a delicious soft chicken.
The steps are easy. You can cook it even on a super busy day. Time takes only ten minutes. You will spend five minutes for preparation time; let your slow cooker work, then another five minutes to finish the dish.
These tasteful crockpot chicken tacos become a go-to lifesaver. Put it into your go-to list recipe. Have a look at the complete procedures as follow. Take your pen and paper. Get ready to have very great notes here.
Prepare Ingredients and Tools You Need
- 5 Boneless and skinless Chicken Breasts
- Taco seasoning (homemade or store-bought)
- ¾ cup Chopped onions
- A can of diced tomatoes (I use fire-roasted tomatoes)
- A can of diced undrained green chilies
- ½ cup Chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Corn or flour tortillas
- Toppings: Cheese, lettuce, avocado (optional)
- Vegetable oil (optional)
- Slow cooker
- Frying pan
- Serving plate
Follow the Instructional Guide for Cooking
- Remove bone and skin of chicken breasts.
- Put five boneless and skinless chicken breasts in the bottom of the slow cooker. (Prepare this step about 8 hours before you serve the meal)
- Sprinkle three heaping tablespoons of homemade taco seasoning over the chicken breasts. If you don’t have the homemade, replace with store-bought taco seasoning.
- Top the flavored chicken breasts with chopped onions.
- Pour a can of diced fire-roasted tomatoes over the top. You can substitute with any variety of tomatoes available at the store.
- Scatter a can of diced undrained green chilies.
- Put the lid on the slow cooker.
- Set it low and wait for 8 hours later.
- After 8 hours, remove the lid from the slow cooker.
- Shred away the tender chicken with two forks.
- Add chopped fresh cilantro for yummy and optional. It also brightens up the chicken.
- Mix shredded chicken and cilantro. Put them aside.
- Prepare corn or flour tortillas. The tortilla is used as a base for these chicken tacos.
- Warm and toast tortillas in a frying pan. Decide whether you want tortillas for soft or crispy tacos.
- Serve the chicken on tortillas.
- Load up the tortillas with cheese, lettuce, avocado, and other taco goodness.
- Place your chicken tacos on a serving plate.
Recipe Notes to Consider about Preparing the Tortillas
Prepare the tortillas for soft tacos:
Heat flour tortillas for 30 seconds in a dry skillet and turn into another side. It’s just to get them warm and toasted.
Prepare the tortillas for crispy tacos:
Heat vegetable oil in a small frying pan. Add a corn tortilla and cook about one minute each side. Use a paper towel to remove excess oil.
Can you imagine how tasty is this Mexican dish? Don’t just imagine, but try this yummy Crockpot chicken tacos as soon as possible. Taste the tender texture of the chicken. This shredded chicken is also perfectly added to burritos, salads, and more.