Black bean burritos have all things you need to support the day. These protein-packed dishes can be your healthy breakfast ideas. This burrito consists of sweet potatoes, black bean paste, fluffy eggs, sweet corn, and spicy harissa. Have a look at the materials and procedures of each recipe as follow.
What You Need and What to Do for Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- 3 cups peeled and chunked sweet potatoes
- A pinch of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Prepare a baking pan and add two tablespoons olive oil.
- Dice sweet potatoes into 1-inch chunks.
- Place diced sweet potatoes in the pan.
- Sprinkle with sea salt, garlic powder, chili powder, and cumin.
- Toss the potatoes to be covered in olive oil and spices.
- Roast for twenty-five minutes until they can be perforated with a fork.
- Set aside the roasted sweet potatoes.
Things to Prepare for Creamy Mashed Black Bean
- 2,5 cups black beans
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons tahini (smooth sesame seed paste)
- ¼ teaspoon of sea salt
- Put black beans and other ingredients (lime juice, olive oil, cumin, tahini, sea salt) into a food processor.
- Set in high speed and add more olive oil to soften black bean paste.
- Use half-mashed black bean for this recipe and keep another half in the freezer for later.
Make Ready for Scrambled Fluffy Eggs
- 8 large eggs
- ½ diced yellow onion
- ½ tablespoon EVOO
- Crack eight large eggs into a bowl and pour milk.
- Whisk together until well combined. Set aside.
- Heat a large pan and sauté yellow onion in ½ tablespoon EVOO.
- After it is almost translucent, pour egg mixture into pan.
- Cook the eggs and push them with a rubber spatula from edge into center.
- Keep pushing until the eggs scrambled softly.
- Add salt and pepper for seasoning.
- Place in a bowl and set aside.
Other Materials and Methods for Black Bean Burritos
- 8 whole wheat tortillas
- ½ cup sweet corn
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup green chilies
- 8 tablespoons harissa sauce
- Prepare eight tortillas and warm both sides on a skillet until pliable.
- Spread a tablespoon mashed black bean and harissa sauce over each tortilla.
- Add sweet corn, chopped onion, and green chilies as fillings.
- Fold over filling the bottom part of tortilla.
- Fold the sides and roll up into burrito-style.
- Serve the black bean burritos or keep in freezer.
Top Tips to Keep Black Bean Burritos
- Bundle the burritos in plastic wrap. Make sure the air is out as much as possible. Then, wrap them in tin foil. Frozen burritos last for up to three months.
- Write the date on tin foil to know which ones should be devoured first.
Do you want to set yourself up for healthy breakfast ideas? Black bean burritos are the best dishes. They are freezer friendly so that you can make frozen burrito stocks. Get your meal prep on easily!